|Oscar and Hector, helping with the new build.|
I have been doing a lot of surface treatments. This is mainly done with acrylic paint, over boxes, books and just about anything else I could find to play with. First I glued on cardboard cut out cogs and glossy accent "rivets" the painted it black..., then brown, and so on.
|You maybe be able to see the effect better on this piece. This was a kiddies board book that got the same treatment.|
More Mermaids. Mermaid Circus One with Teesha and Jane has now finished, they have started another one, but I didn't wish to do it again at the present as there are not enough hours in the day. However I did do a few more mermaids.
|This one is for life book, complete with mermaid.|
|First take a book and gut it!|
|At this point I photocopied it as it had some nice end papers which couldn't be removed.|
|Strengthen the spine with fabric and glue as I will be stitching into this.|
|Gave the book new end papers, which I stitched a pockets onto the left hand side before gluing down.|
|Stitch in six signatures.|
This book is full of pockets and flaps, and lots of areas to journal your socks off.
Now onto the new studio and building work. Had some changes of plans on this as we were supposed to be putting in the new toilet. Had to postpone that, but don't worry ladies I have plenty of buckets! The change of plan was down to some security issues, so the side of the house, which is the entrance to the teaching studio had to be changed, from this.....
A shame in some ways, but it had to be done, and it makes for more space to create art!
Just in the process of applying for York Open Studio for 2014, see what happens. Oh yes and there is a new family member....,
|meet Edgar Allen Crow.|