Tuesday 4 December 2012

On The Fifth Day of Christmas

I was playing with rubber stamps.

Reindeer's in the night sky
This is a design I made into greetings cards for my wonderful friends at Crafty Dolly Birds, Good morning ladies. The rubber stamps I used are by Stamper Anonymous, Tim Holtz collection, called Reindeer Flight. You will need an acrylic block to use these rubber stamps. I used Rangers Distress Ink in Chipped Sapphire, and Black Soot. Glitter is from the  Martha Stewart range.
First you stamp the reindeer once on the main paper,or card you are working on. Then you need to stamp it again, twice, on a scrap piece of paper. Cut these out to form  masks. Place one of these masks over the original stamped image and stamp the reindeer again slightly of set so you get them flying side by side. Not a difficult technique, but like anything else you need to practice. Cover both reindeer with the masks and now stamp the trees. Having your reindeer masked will give the impression the they are flying in front of the trees. At the top of the page stamp some snowflakes.  Now I added the same colour ink all around the picture with the uses of a non stick mat and a blending tool. Rubbed round the edge with the black soot. Add glitter. This was then mounted onto black card. I added glitter to either side of the card by placing a thin strip of double sided tape then applied the same glitter. When making greetings card I make the envelopes tie in.

The numbers have arrived.
The pocket page is made exactly the same way as page three was made, so please refer to that for the, "how to". The only differences are the papers used. Red sheet from a Tim Holtz paper pad. The caption from Cosmo Cricket.

I am so blessed with such a wonderful life, good name for a film that! That I do try and make a positive difference in the life of those less fortunate than me, and the Penny Revolution, or Micro finance is one of my favorite methods of helping people outside this country, if you would like to know more follow the link in the side bar.

See you on the 6th, tick tock tick tock.

3 comments:

  1. Hello Jo - journal is looking really good! I saw young Judith has joined and is going to come along for the journey so I thought I would too but as usual I am a little behind but working furiously to catch up - all the journal is coloured and day 1 and 2 are underway!!!!!!!!
    Chris B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great, that's wonderful news, enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jo, like Chris other things seem to be overtaking journalling, but I am trying!After this weeks excess of Christmas lunches and dinners things should calm down and allow me time to indulge. Enjoying seeing your progress when I have time to look!

    ReplyDelete