The background to the page is rubber stamped holly leaves, painted with Koh-I-Noor brilliant water based dyes, but you could use any paint. The berries are glittered with Martha Stewart glitter.
The right hand page was built to create a pocket. First I selected a piece of decorative paper, this one is My Minds Eye and cropped it to a suitable size, just a little smaller than the page it is going to sit on. Then with the aid of my wonderful Bernina Sewing Machine, I stitched, in black, all the way around the paper. Using one of the pages which was removed from the original book, I cut a piece to make the pocket front. I tend to use the formula two thirds, one third, which is generally pleasing to the eye. Then I stitched around this again, this time using black and red thread, vary the stitch too, for interest.On the front of the Kraft pocket I stitched on some text cut out of an old book, layered with some ribbon. Next I made a text tablet with a label which I glued to a piece of black card. I then stitched the black card to the Kraft pocket with red thread. Now the Kraft pocket front is stitch to the decorative paper and the whole thing is glued to the page.
Add a 3D card decoration and Bobs your Aunty. The tag in the pocket is a rubber stamp, which I stamped and then enlarged on the photocopier.