Thursday 30 April 2015

finishing the bugs

OK so their faces are done, just need to stain and cook them.

For the primitive doll stain I use a mixture of mixed spice and coffee with a little vanilla. Not only does it colour the doll but they smell nice too.
Mix it all together with boiling water.

Into the oven on a low heat for 10 minutes or so.

Relaxing after their ordeal.
Now for their outfits.
Some beads I think



Now onto a panel piece, for this I wanted to paint a whimsy face on canvas,

I like to tape it to the ironing board.
Sketch out a picture and add colour with Water soluble wax crayons and acrylic paint.


As always I like to photocopy my work. This time in both colour and black and white. The black and white picture will be used for pattern pieces.
Her T-shirt becomes fabric.
And she is added to a background of patch-worked fabrics.
See you next time. xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment