Sunday 10 May 2015

Hello, hello, hello, hello

I have been making books again, out of left overs, fabric left overs that is.
Select a base piece of fabric, don't worry if this doesn't match your colour scheme as you will not see it in the finished book.
Gather together all your left over bits of fabric, and start adding them to the base fabric. 
I add about five then stitch then add more until the base fabric is totally covered.
This is the paper I am using for the signatures.
I am adding some cardboard, for strength.
Adding some black fabric for the inside cover.
Folding the black fabric around the edge onto the front to create a border, no neat edges here!
Stitch.

These are strips of fabric onto which I will stitch the paper
Like so.
Pamphlet stitch the signature in place.
 

Just had to do some more in different colour ways.








This one just had to have a fringe!!!
See you next time. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment