Wednesday 10 April 2013

Not Long Now

Hello you gorgeous peeps, thank you for popping in.  I am afraid I do not have much in the way of art to show you this week as the preparations for Andrews York Open Studios have totally taken over my time. I have been painting, five doors, two white three black, a couple of windows! Cleaning window too! I will spare you a photo of that lot.
Saturday was a good day and started with the wonderful return of Knavesmire car boot sale. Oh joy, The items you can find there are just unbelievable. I got some little bottles for making into jewelry  A wonderful cash book from 1880s. A lady's accounts of what she bought when and how much she paid. I will keep the book in tacked as it is a good one, but will photocopy the papers to use in collage work. And it looks good sat on my desk.




From the car boot I went to the Embroidery Guild meeting, this session we had a speaker by the name of Ruby Porter MBE.  Check out the York Embroiders Guild blog for more on her work. Wow what a fabulous woman, working out in Bangladesh helping woman and children create a better life for all.  When that had finished I came home to find Andrew had had a mention in the York press regarding his Steampunk work. This delighted me, and totally terrified him!

Challengingly different, I didn't realise they knew him!!!!!
Then I was back home and clean and paint. Friday it is going to be set dressing, the bit I like the best.
Progress on the studio is just wonderful, but on hold now,


I did do a little piece of art via Effy Wild,  Sweetlins class. Paper doll making which was fun.



I had to do some signage for various goings on!



Now don't forget if you are in York this next weekend come and visit, we would both love to see you, but my studios will not be open. kissy.

No comments:

Post a Comment