Tuesday 3 December 2013

Day Three

Today we are going to create a very quick and easy tag for our Twenty Four Tags of Christmas.

Items I used in this make

1. White copy paper
2. Cream card
3. Santa stamp from, La Blanche
4. Text stamp from, Stampa Rosa
5. "Happy Christmas" stamp from, Funstamps
6. Ranger Distress ink, walnut stain
7. Black ink pad
8. Hole punch
9. Glue stick
10. Ribbon or string
11. Non stick craft mat
12. Heat gun or iron

How I made my quick and easy tag

With some white copy paper I designed a tag shape. This tag measures 10 cms x 18.5 cms. I wanted a different shape to the top of the tag so to do this I cut my copy paper to the size I wanted. Then I folded it in half length ways. Next I drew on the top open corner, ( NOT on the fold ) a shape. To do this use things like cotton reels, coins, small tins, anything that has an interesting shape. Once I got a shape I liked I cut it out keeping the paper folded. I opened the tag out, then I clued the paper tag to cereal box card and cut that out. There you have it, a bespoke tag just for you. Of course you can get corner punches to do this for you and they are expensive. Also it is worth remembering all year round to look at tags and labels on cloths and other goods to see what shape they are and if you can use them in your projects. Just draw round them and make your self a template stash.
Tag template, cut out some tags from  cream card.
On a craft mat I spread some ink. Then I sprayed it with water. Next I cleaned up the watery ink with my tag.
Dried it with a heat gun, you could do this with an iron, but make sure you clean it if you are going to use the same iron for your clothes!!
Then I inked up my stamp this is a foam stamp. Stamp some practice images first to make sure it is inking up OK. Then stamp it onto your dry card
Using one of your practice images cut yourself a mask......, for the tag, not your face! Place mask over Santa's face on your tag. Then stamp text all over the top of your tag. The mask will ensure that you can still see Santa face clearly, and it will look like the text is behind his head.  

On a clean scrap of cream card, stamp the sentiment. Ink the edges and glue to the tag.
 Ink the edges of the tag and add a ribbon, or string. I will change mine to string as soon as I find it.

No comments:

Post a Comment